Sunday, March 22, 2015

Our Sponge Capsule Stories

Last Monday as part of Language Experience we put sponge capsules into warm water and observed the capsule dissolve and turn into a sponge.  First we made a prediction about what might be inside the capsule and then we put it in the water and corrected our predictions.  Some of us were correct but it turns out the packet wasn't correct for most of the shapes and we got a mixture. 
We were learning about the letters Cc and Kk and that is why we did capsule experiments.  

Here is a photo of the capsules.  Miss Collins got them from the $2 Shop at Riccarton.  

During the week we wrote about our Language Experience.  

We are learning to write the sounds that we can hear.  Here are our stories... 

It was a monkey.  By Dupree

It was a person.  By Ferishta

It was a dolphin.  By Izzan

It was a goat.  By Micheal

My capsule turned into a goat.  By Zivan

My capsule turned into a person.  By Mitchell

I put a capsule in water.  By Mualijcia

My capsule turned into a cow.  By Lupe

My capsule turned into a monkey. By Aurora

My capsule went in hot water.  By Jaedyn

Steam came out of my pot.  By Justine



No comments:

Post a Comment